Don't let them hang out with the wrong people

Dear Friend,

I understand your friend is hanging out with the wrong people. I've been there before. I still hang out with some of the bad people but not very often. I might have a few suggestions that could help but I don't know if they'll help.

Image result for bad people friends1. Understanding
You have to understand that if your friend wants to hang out with the wrong people, that's their decision. You can't change their mind or try to talk them out of it. If they want to hang out with them, let them face the consequences. I know you have a hard time trying to convince them to get away from the bad crowd but sometimes you have to let the person make their own mistakes and deal with the after effects. It's a "either or" situation. My friends tried to convince me to to stay away from the bad group but I didn't listen, I only stuck with the bad people because I thought they were my friends, I thought they'd be the people to run to. Nope. They were terrible people. What can you do, you can talk to your friend about them as much as you want until your blue in the face. They still won't listen to you.
Image result for leaving a friend
2. Accepting it
You might have to understand, your friend isn't going to change. Think of them as a different person if they bother you by hanging out with the bad people. Most likely saying "oh, they're going with them, I'll just go." Accept it. You can't do anything about it. You tried your best at keeping them on the right track. You can't keep telling them the group is full of bad people cause your friend is thinking "no your wrong, I'm right" All you have to say is "oh well, I tried" let your friend see for themselves on how those bad people are.
Image result for friends leaving for bad people
3. Break the friendship
I know this one is hard. IF your friend starts hanging out with the bad group more than with you. Let go of them, break the friendship off. It may hurt for a bit but it might've been a better solution cause maybe you would've had the same thought as your friend "They're cool to hang out with" you'd be surprised on how many I've seen change sides. Sometimes you just gotta let your friend go just for them to see what types of friends they had. See which friend was the best one. Then they'll realize what a good friend you were to them. If they want to come back into your life after realizing how much you cared for them, I say you shouldn't cause they betrayed you but then again it's not my problem. That choice is all up to you.


Comments

  1. good advice but maybe you should add or should have put coping material

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave very good advice . It really helps with the reoccurring issue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Teenagers don't know real world problems"